Friday, January 14, 2011

Small Desk Area in the Kitchen ~

I have been fighting/begging my hubby tooth and nail over having a small desk area in the kitchen. We are trying to finalize our plans for what we both want in our Kitchen renovation. And there is this one spot that would be perfect for a small desk/office area. I think this will be a great addition. Hubby thinks that it is just to redonkulously (yea, i say redonkulous) small of an area. Well i found a picture that is EXACTLY what i want ....and is the same size of area.


I emailed him the picture and he still stands by his decision that it is to small......BUT he also said OK, Fine....i will build it for you. :o) Thank you! This picture shows everything i want my space to be. I want a white cabinet above to store/organize my bill paying system and to keep cards and other mailable items. And i LURVE the monogrammed chair. Maybe just not in white. The kids would ruin that in seconds! What do you think? To small or just right? Am i crazy?

Organizational News ~
I decided that this year i would try something a little different with all those stacks of magazines laying around. Last night i got them all out and starting pulling every idea, image, and/or recipe that i think may be worth hanging on to for further use. Once i've finished purging them i plan to sort them into a neatly organized binder that will hopefully cut down on space and become a quick reference guide.

Have some of you already done this? Do you find that it helps or just creates more work?

4 comments:

Have Scrappy Days said...

Would love to have a small are like that for bills!!!! Our BIG office desk and desktop PC is in our living area.. DISLIKE! Hubby will come around when he sees how organized you are with it!! Love it!
my word is 'stayo' funny

Mommasew said...

Thanks! I think once he sees it and how i use it...he will appreciate it more. :) It's good to know that you agree with me though!

kitchen step stool chair said...

I have been checking out a few of your article stories and I must say pretty clever stuff. I will definitely bookmark your blog. Thank you very much.

corner computer desks said...

I just book marked your blog on Digg and StumbleUpon.I enjoy reading your posting. thank you very much.

 

avandia