Monday, August 9, 2010

Buckaroo ~

It is crazy busy around these parts!

Friday night i sat down and started making the upcoming birthday boy some birthday DUDS! I pulled out a pair of jeans from storage that belonged to big sis. They didn't look girly at all ...in fact they may possibly be boy jeans cause i remember i had gotten them at goodwill to add ruffles on the bottom and i never got around to it before she out grew them. Anyway...i was happy to have them on hand and very happy that they could be reused. :o) I had made a run to Hobby Lobby last week for this specific reason. I needed a red bandanna {.99 cents}and some brown felt material {4 for a $1} and i also picked up a white tee shirt for $2.99. So for a grand total of $5 + tax i made this for my little buckaroo.....


Isn't it just totally adorable! The brown felt became the "chaps". I had to cut open the seam of the jeans for this but was very easy to sew back. I left alittle felt overhang the side of the jeans and cut them up and made the "fringe". I quickly realized that what these jeans needed was a BIG'ol belt buckle! I again took some felt and embroidered his initials on it and sewed it in place. TO STINKIN CUTE! As for the tee shirt i took the red bandana and cut one corner off. I made a loose stitch and started gathering the fabric {kinda like i make a ruffle}. And then i just sewed it around the neck of the shirt. I wanted to make sure that it was on there. WHY? I tried the bandana on him prior and he just ripped it off. Now he can't rip it off....it is permanent. :o)

The redneck in me wanted to use this for the belt buckle! :0) Hubby said "NO WAY"!!

Well this weekend we decided to go ahead with the kitchen remodel. NO...i'm not looking forward to this! I initially wanted to wait and get a few other projects out of the way but it really needs to get done. We headed out to Lowes Saturday and looked at Tile {travertine}, Cabinet color {going with white glazed} and granite color {?}, sinks and faucets and hardware. Makes my stomach turn just thinking about it. Don't get me wrong....i want this remodel. But it is the work it takes that is already making me exhausted! And throw in a 1 year old and a 2 year old! Thankfully the hubby can change his work schedule and have fridays off during this time. That will help tremendously!

After the Lowes trip we came home and i started in on the bonus room. I cleared more junk out of there...yippee!! Every time i get rid of 2 or 3 boxes of junk out of my life...i feel a tad bit closer to having a nice organized house and life. Reason for junk removal....i'm about to paint that room. I'm desperate for a space where i can go to sew...right now i'm sewing on the dinning room table. I have picked out a most awesome color and can't wait to slap it on. :o)

And i'm also helping host a baby shower and trying to gear up for that.

So needless to say...busy, busY, BUSY! But with the help of tons of coffee....it will get done. :)

2 comments:

 

avandia