Tuesday, August 17, 2010

~ Red Velvet Cake Balls ~


Oh MY!! Let me just start by saying.....if you haven't made or tried these....your gonna LOVE'em!! I made some last night and i'm trying to stay away from them this morning. I made the hubby take half of them to work so they wouldn't be in the house...haha! I like to make them around the holidays. Great for parties. I plan on making them for my little man's big birthday coming up and also for a babyshower i'm hosting. I'm a big red velvet fan {what southern lady wouldn't be} so that is my cake of choice. But you can use any cake or chocolate you want.


What you will need:

1 Box of red velvet cake
Bakers Chocolate
1 Cream Cheese Icing


~Bake cake as directed on box.
~Let it cool and crumble in large bowl
~Mix in Cream cheese icing


~Let that mixture cool in fridge for an hour
~Start scooping out and making balls {your hands will turn red}

~I pop the balls in the freezer for about 15 min
~Melt bakers chocolate
~Roll them in the chocolate till covered.
~Let the chocolate harden and then refrigerate


~YUMMO!!
Other news......
The hubby and i Had a DATE NIGHT reciently. Ladies it has been over a year since we have had a "date night" sans kids! It was lovely. We headed over to a favorite local restaurant and i ordered up some sushi {um, um good}...the hubs had a spicy shrimp plate that was tasty. We then went on over to the theater and the hubby wanted to see "Inception". I looked and it was just about to start and i asked the lady how long it was and she said 2 hours and 20 min. So i called the baby sitter and asked if that would be ok....cause it was going to be late picking up the kids. They didn't mind one bit. So we went in and watched. Let me just say....it was 2 hours and 20 min. of awesomeness!!!! If you haven't heard about it...here is the trailer......



The trailer doesn't even do the movie justice. But i will give it this...it doesn't tell you everything about the movie. Ladies you will love it. And if there is a guy reading this....BETTER THAN THE MATRIX! I think anyway. If you go and see it....let me know what you think..... :)

No comments:

 

avandia